Unit Affiliation: Marine and Polar Geophysics, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO)
With funding provided by this subaward, we will support Dr. Anne Grunow and a Postdoctoral Research Scientist at the US Polar Rock Repository at Ohio State University to compile published and unpublished geochemical and mineralogical data into the EarthChem/PetDB database. This work will include the following deliverables:
1. Provide an overview and introduction of the PetDB data system, including its metadata and database structure, data entry procedures and policies, and user interfaces for data ingestion and data validation to the PRR staff;
2. Provide in-depth training and support for PetDB data entry procedures, policies, and tools to the PRR Postdoc, as needed and within the limits of the funded effort;
3. Review data compiled at PRR and provide feedback;
4. Implement minor modifications to the PetDB metadata and vocabularies as needed to support the ingestion of geochemical and mineralogical data for Antarctic samples.
5. Develop an API specific to the needs of the PRR and Antarctic rock samples to support machine- and human actionable access to the geochemical data for PRR samples.
Lithological Characterization and Structural Analyses of Sediments Lava Flows from Shatsky Rise Using Downhole Measurements
Lithostratigraphic Characterization of the Sediment Section from IODP Expedition 324, Shatsky Rise Using Downhole Logging Data
Leveraging the Geologic Record to Constrain Solar System Evolution, Earth-Moon Dynamics, Paleoclimate Change, and Geological Time